Monday, July 14, 2008

It's not my fault...I don't have those toys...

I've been getting alot of positive feedbacks while doing these remixer mega posts so they will definitely be continuing...Odds are good that in order, along with random posts like these, they'll be Thunderpuss, Hex Hector and Offer Nissim...

Hope you all enjoy em!!

Aubrey - No One In This World (JM's John Kano Radio Edit)
**Re-Up by special request.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?qnnmd0oy42x

Book Of Love - Boy (JM's Peter Rauhofer Radio Mix)
**This is Peter at his height!! This mix was a Limelight favorite and I lived for it everytime I heard it!! This for me is Top 5 Rauhofer!! Sometimes when remixers try to update songs, they fall a little short but this one is dead on! The song feels just as current now as it did then! Yay for androgenous house!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?0x2zxmj93pz

Celine Dion - I Drove All Night (Wayne G Heaven Anthem Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**It's funny, me and my hubby don't agree on much of the same music. He hates dance music (it's amazing this works at all!) and I don't really care for his music either (DMB, Death Cab, Van Morrison, etc...), but there's a few songs we meet in the middle on, and this is one of them. Strange as that may be. Could be because he likes the Roy Orbison version, but it is what it is. I love Celine's, shocker right? Well, I've posted the brilliant Hex Hector mix and Wayne G's is definitely second on that list. He keeps the mix very high energy, so much so it's almost exhausting! I would love to hear him spin just once!!!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?todtheoxi4g

Destiny's Child - Survivor (JM's Junior Vasquez Twilo Radio Edit)
**I was going to wait for another Junior post, but I couldn't hold onto this. If you've never heard this, this is nothing what you think you would get from Junior with a song like this. It's that fact that makes me love it even more. It's dramatic, but it's funky...If Junior and Moto Blanco had a love child, this would be it! Another widely known Victor Calderone mix was big for this one and this is a refreshing take on it.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?m3kiest5xyi

Duran Duran - Reach Up For The Sunrise (Jason Nevins Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**I wish that Duran Duran's 'comeback' so to speak would've lasted longer, but we did get this great track from them before they fell below the radar once again. While there were a slew of mixes for this one, Jason Nevins really hit it home with his trademark rock/dance sound and it really enhances the anthem aspect of this song!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?uws70y155tj

Faith Trent - Foolish Mind Games (JM's Hani Radio Mix)
**Re-Up by special request**
http://www.mediafire.com/?upxitbellt1

Geri Halliwell - Ride It (JM's Hex Hector Radio Edit)
**I've always loved all the solo spices (except for Mel B--Sorry!) and Geri has given us some great dance music along the way and while I didn't get to hear alot of them in the clubs, this one managed to make some waves in NYC clubland for a few months! This one has awesome energy and Hex outdid himself making Geri seem much less like a Spice Girl and more like a serious dance music artist!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?0qo14ts4ten

Celine Dion - I'm Alive (Johnny Rocks Rhythm Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**My girl Celine is another one who doesn't get alot of time on the dancefloor. Why that is I'll never know, but she's had some great mixes including this one. The original version of this makes you feel SO good and Johnny found a very simple way of increasing that high. As do most remixers, Celine's is a voice that needs to be in the forefront, so Johnny did just that, keeps everything very simple and mainstream. The result is fabulous!!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?gmmwdgtgjm1

Rachel Stevens - Sweet Dreams My LA Ex (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**Another euro import gets a great remix from our guys Bimbo Jones. It's cute and campy and of course you know Bimbo works their magic!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?9yjxuzgb6x1

Bonus Edit: When I first heard this mix, I gagged and gagged and gagged and even today I hear it and I gag. This may be one of the finest remixes ever to happen to this artist and ever to come from this remixer. Here's a clue to what it is....

"As a fourth single, _______ wanted to release "(Insert Song Title Here)" which was already a major club hit in the US. _______ felt that the song would properly promote her tour. However, her label refused, feeling that it was too edgy and not viably commercial. They opted for the more commercial sounding ""(Other Song Title)". As a result, plans for a fourth single were canceled.

Because ________ refused to shoot a video for the song, her record label planned on releasing a live video. _______ then took "(Other Song Title)" out of her show to prevent its commercial release."

No comments: