Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Welcome Back to...uh...ME!!!

So yes, the time has come and I had to come back! There's way too much music out there for me to not share!

As you may or may not have noticed, I have a new layout, but aside from that, there have been quite a few blogs that have been deleted lately and I really don't want to be one of them. The main cause of it seems to be the posting of either Mariah Carey or Madonna's music.

And even though I did a really cute edit of the Seamus Haiji mix of Mariah's "Touch My Body", I don't feel comfortable posting it for the time being. I'd like to keep this blog as under the radar as possible.

Having said that, here's some random stuff that's made it's way to MY radar lately!

Cher - Paradise Is Here (JM's Junior Vasquez Arena Radio Mix)
**I love Cher so much and if all goes well, I'll be going to see her in Vegas later this year with the hubby! But even though I love her and I love Junior, this is not one of my favorites but a special request. The original is a great song and I don't know that I think this one translated that well to the dancefloor. Ah well! You can be the judge!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?mc1tnxnby0n

Cynthia - I Never Said (Giuseppe D Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**This is one of those songs that could've gone under the Songs That Got Away posting but it's just SO good that I had to post it now. Why oh why don't these songs do that well?? I would dance my ass off to this!!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?gkubgidevmd

Faith Hill - The Way You Love Me (Love To Infinity Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**I love when they take artists far away from their own element and even though Faith Hill is a country/pop artist, she sounds great on the dancefloor. I've posted an edit for Hex Hector's "Breathe" and this is just a really funky and fun edit for this song. Love To Infinity has a great way of adding a feel-good vibe to anything. A great summer song.**

http://www.mediafire.com/?ufsjuzmxbmt

Jennifer Lopez - I'm Real (Dezrok Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**Like I always say 'There's always room for J-Lo!' and this is no exception. Excellent production once again from Dezrok and even though the version with Ja Rule became big, I like that Dezrok mixed the original version of the song.**

http://www.mediafire.com/?dtg1bxwxiiw

Jerry Springer The Opera feat Alison Jiear - I Just Wanna Fuckin Dance (JM's Wayne G Extended Radio Mix)
**This song kills me! The first time I heard this I was hysterical! But it's hard to argue with a lyric like "I don't give a fuck no more, if people think I am a whore. I just wanna dance!". Having said that, this is from a musical they made in London about the Jerry Springer show and this song made it's way into the very able hands of Wayne G. Well, he didn't just turn this out, he WERQUED it out!! High energy doesn't even cover it!!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?myk1ct0medg

Karen Ramirez - Looking For Love (JM's Peter Rauhofer Radio Mix)
**Somewhere inbetween Peter's evolution (if you can call it that) of style from the Club 69 days to whatever it is he calls his sound now there was a transition period that yielded a slew of great mixes. kd Lang's "Consquences of Falling" which I've posted was one of them and this was another one. Another Sunday night at Limelight classic for me! Great synths by Peter and smooth vocals from out and proud lesbian Karen Ramirez!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?dsvtxusc3jv

LeAnn Rimes - Can't Fight The Moonlight (Thunderpuss Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**Does anyone NOT know this song? Smash hit by LeAnn for the Coyote Ugly movie soundtrack and even though Plasmic Honey did a cute mix of this too, Thunderpuss killed it!! If there's one thing those boys could do it's make a buildup out of ANYthing!!**

http://www.mediafire.com/?vw1jfwm1zns

Paul Oakenfold feat Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat (JM's Eddie Baez Radio Edit)
**Who knew that all those years after "Clueless" little Brittany Murphy would become such a great singer! The rumor has it that she's been doing back up on hip hop and R&B songs for years but didn't want to be credited for it because she didn't feel comfortable being in the forefront as a singer. They say that she's the female voice on Nelly's "Hot In Herre" but who knows for sure? Only Brit. Well leave it to Oakenfold to get her to be THE vocalist on one of his tracks and the collaboration couldn't have been more perfect. This is one of those songs thats great in any incarnation but Eddie really made something out of it! So much so that I prefer this over the original which is also amazing!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?ljxnwbz0ci2

Pet Shop Boys - I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Anymore (Peter Rauhofer Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**Quite possibly one of the longest song titles ever but it's a great song. PSB came back in a big way with their CD "Nightlife" and then just kinda disappeared again. What gives?? This mix however falls into the aforementioned transition period for Peter and as a result is awesome!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?exhdusmvz31

Pet Shop Boys & Peter Rauhofer - Break For Love (US Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**This is how the collaboration all started. Incredible update of a classic by both parties here.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?enyhjzznvx4

Willa Ford - I Wanna Be Bad (Sal Parm Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**Where oh where can my Willa be? She had this big hit and then some minor ones, then ended up on Dancing With The Stars and then....a big fat nothing. Ah well! Sal Parm, the guy behind Plasmic Honey did a great job with this track though.**

http://www.mediafire.com/?cmy1c1sc5zm

No comments: