Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Songs That Got Away and Some That Didn't

Ashley Jade - On The Run (Joe Bermudez & Josh Harris Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**I got this CD at PerfectBeat.com (which I LOVE) and I had higher hopes for it. While it's not AWFUL by any means, it doesn't really seem to go anywhere. At least not for me. I like alot of Joe's and Josh's mixes and while this has some of those elements, I think the problems could be in the song structure itself. At best it's cute but it's one of those songs that will keep you moving at the gym while you're waiting for a REALLY good song to come on.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttibljybyix

Bob Sinclar - Freedom (Thunderpuss Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**Long before he gave us 'World Hold On', 'Love Generation' and all those other anthems that they're now playing at Sweet 16's, Bob Sinclar's music was a little more on the underground side. Thunderpuss took a really great vocal and worked their magic with it. While this isn't one of the more known TP mixes, it's definitely a goodie. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Those guys can make a build up out of anything!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?ggmjicc534i

Danity Kane - Damaged (Mike Rizzo Global Factory Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**I love this song. It's more than a guilty pleasure, it's a down right obsession. I've loved it since I first heard it as a low quality clip months ago. I just knew that it would get remixed. It's begging for one. And there have been mixes...quite a few actually...and to be honest, Im not 100% thrilled with any of them. Mike Rizzo did a good job with this and it's fun to listen to but doesn't quite pack the punch that the original has. See, the great thing about the original is that beat. It thumps, it's loud and it carries the song. When you take that element out, you're left with just another uptempo pop song and I feel that that is what alot of the remixes I've heard have done. But again, this mix is cute.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?ihnd1mcvzfn

Dirty Laundry - Bandolea (Original Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**This is one of those rare instrumentals that I'll post here. This was an additional track on the CD single for the song "Calabria" (not the same one that got popular as of recently) and I actually enjoyed this song more than the main song so I thought I'd post it. It's got a great beat and a great hook, played in an accordian-type sound which makes me wanna put a rose in my mouth and dance in my living room. Perfect for cleaning the apartment lol...**
http://www.mediafire.com/?gxgqzzjt2ci

Jocelyn Enriquez - When I Get Close To You (Thunderpuss Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**For me, this song falls into the catagory that me and my friend Billy call "The Fabled Top 3". As we discuss our music, we have different levels of enthusiasm. There's the "Hand Over Mouth" which means I'm completely gagging over it. Then there's the "This is so top 10" which means I love it and play it all the time now. And then there's the pinnacle: "This is TOTALLY Top 3" which means I will be listening to this till they put me in a box. This song is one of those for me. I will never tire of this song. C-L-A-S-S-I-C!!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?eldnzt5matf

Kate Ryan - The Promise You Made (Joe Bermudez Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**I've loved Kate for awhile. She's blonde, she's Belgian and she has a great voice. The first song I heard by her ("Scream For More") blew me away as a great pop trance song which took the overseas charts over. Then I heard her cover of the Mylene Farmer french classic "Desenchantee" which was equally as brilliant. If you can, get her CD "Different". It's incredible. However, the high hopes I had for this song which would bring her BPM's down a bit to the 128 area just kinda fell flat. I think this might be one of those songs that might've made a better ballad than a dance song. You can judge.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?02d2ntmntcm

Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl (Jason Nevins Rock The Club Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**I love this song!! LoL!! It's pure cheese but Katy has a great turn of phrase and a great voice to match. I've heard 3 of her songs and Im very much looking forward to her CD when it comes out. Jason Nevins did his classic style remix and this one works very well.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?pjtyhn2fzmo

Lauren Marie - My Heart (Dom Capello Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**Dom Capello doesn't get enough credit. Yes he's straight and primarily works for the Jonathan Peters types of dance music but as a solo artist his productions are stellar and should get more play than they seem too. This one was always a favorite of mine, released on Miswax records (another label fave of mine), Lauren may not have the best voice, but I would rock out to this for sure.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4mnnj5zjbh

Lisa Pure - I'm Over You (Original Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**We all love a good "Fuck You" song from time to time, right? Well this one delivers in the way it should. Penned by Lisa and Giuseppe D and produced by him as well, even with a lower bpm (somewhere between 125 &127) and some now-outdated piano sounds, it still makes me dance in my chair.**
http://www.mediafire.com/?tzjm1krytlb

SK8 - Nation (Chris Cox Radio Edit) **Official Edit**
**I have to say that I feel very lucky to have experience the place that this song was written about. The now closed nightclub "Nation", formerly in Washington, DC is sorely missed. The cavernous space and wonderful management/staff always made for SUCH a great time when I got to go down there. It's only fitting that there should be a song written about it. Mixed by Chris Cox and Yiannis, who were favorites at Nation, the song just takes you there. Lyrics like "I know what you'll say/Better get my shit together someday/Try try but sometimes still getting home on Tuesday. You think it sounds crazy but it's just another night at Nation/If my eyes look hazy it was just another night at Nation." which basically describes everynight I've been there!**
http://www.mediafire.com/?y5gwmbg11mc