Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Obssesion...and EXCLUSIVE!!!!


Unless you live under a rock, you've most likely heard this song!
Rihanna's slowly becoming one of my favorite artists which is strange to me because I really don't think she has all that much talent. Don't get me wrong, like Enrique Iglesias and Britney Spears, vocally, they have a style, not necessarily a very good voice but it works.
And Rihanna is just like that and I've always thought her voice worked wonders with a beat behind it. Imagine my surprise to even hear the original version of this song that already had a nice thumpa thumpa in it!
I knew that the club mixes weren't far behind and I was right. Immediately I was ALL about the Jody Den Broeder mix of this which was STUNNING and still is. THEN however I heard DJ Paulo's dub of this which sampled alot of Jody's mix but added even MORE punch to it! Well, I was in love! Being that Paulo only used the lyric" Please don't stop the music" throughout meant that there was room for improvement.
So here, I sliced, diced, chopped and re-laid the vocals over this most stellar production by Paulo and created my own reconstruction mix.
But edited, here is my take on Rihanna and DJ Paulo! What do you think?
Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music (John Michael's Paulo Reconstruction Radio Edit)

No comments: