Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Somebody's Me



One of the things I love is when you get a DJ/remixer who usually makes music in one style but then totally switches it up for another sound every once in awhile.

That type of versatility is rare.

I've mentioned Jody Den Broeder before and as of right now, he's without a doubt one of my favorite remixers (who usually works with Tony Moran).

Off of Enrique Iglesias' most recent cd "Insomniac" comes the sweet ballad "Somebody's Me" and while I do enjoy Enrique, his voice isn't one of the best. I suppose it's a certain style he has, sorta like his dad. However, I do believe he's hot as hell! Haha!

And while Den Broeder usually gives us "hands-in-the-air" anthems, he actually took a different direction here and went for a more Moto Blanco-ish type of route with a lush arrangement with strings and still managing to incorperate his own style of synths as the undertone here.

It's incredible production on Jody's part and it works beautifully with the song!

Enrique Iglesias - Somebody's Me (JM's Jody Den Broeder Radio Edit)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5022115ebeace2/

No comments: