Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What do you say to taking chances? What do you say to jumping off the edge?


If there's one person that no matter what, I've been a fan of, it's Celine.
She's got the voice and I think she's got the looks. And by the looks of this picture, she's got the hair as well!
But back to the voice...Everyone knows it and it's natural it would make it's way to the dancefloor and it has many a time over the years.
Tony Moran's mix of "To Love You More" was amazing as was Thunderpuss' mix of "I Want You To Need Me"--Stunning!!
Even in small room mixes like Metro's mix of "That's The Way It Is", Celine brings it home every time.
I wil go on record as saying that as a full length album, her latest effort "Taking Chances" is easily one of the best albums of 2007. It combines many different styles and of course, her voice sounds flawless! 16 tracks in total (and thats without the bonus tracks!) gives you plenty of Celine for months to come.
The first single and title track "Taking Chances" is a pop/rock midtempo song that shows a different side of Celine. Don't believe me? Watch the video! Hah!
So far, I've found 3 remixes and as much as I love the song AND Celine, the remixes don't really do all that much for me. The I-Soul mix took a good shot but fell short with me with the chord progression. Matt Piso took a different route and made a very simplistic electro track that's very one level. Doesn't go very far and to me, undermines the "umph" of the song. I did however, have the highest hopes for Ralphi Rosario & Craig J's mix but much like the others, it just demeans the could-be-anthem of Celine's delivery. Ralphi and Craig made it more soulful which is nice, but not a floor filler. Ralphi does deliver a pretty interesting Dub though, so check that one out.
But here, as it stands, are my edits. Let's hope for more mixes!!
Celine Dion - Taking Chances (JM's I-Soul Radio Edit)
Celine Dion - Taking Chances (JM's Matt Piso Radio Edit)
Celine Dion - Taking Chances (JM's Ralphi Rosario & Craig J Radio Edit)
BONUS EDITS:
Celine Dion - The Power Of Love (JM's Orangefuzz Thunderstorm Radio Mix)
Celine Dion - To Love You More (Tony Moran Pop Edit) **Official Edit**

No comments: