Friday, September 28, 2007

Whoa, Nelly!!


Long before Nelly Furtado was a 'promiscuous' 'maneater' she had received public and critical acclaim for her 2000 single "I'm Like A Bird" which eventually won her a Grammy!
Personally, I prefer this Nelly as opposed to the Timbaland clone as of late. Don't get me wrong, I still love Nelly ("Say It Right" was one of my favorite songs this year) and I think Timbaland is a genious but there was just something more real about early Nelly than there is now.
So in tribute, I give you the OUTSTANDING (totally top 5 of my favorite Junior mixes ever) Junior Vasquez mix of this Canadian superstar! While originally clocking in at over 10 minutes, I was only able to edit this one down to about 6...Hardly an edit, but everybit a dancefloor thumper! And btw, check out my favorite part at 4:40--BRILLIANT!
Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird (JM's Junior Vasquez Extended Radio Mix)

No comments: